Monday, March 25, 2013

Fresh Work, New Showroom-- a Propos of Spring, Oui?


Will make more of these

by Kathy

While my pottery studio is still new to me, I’m now gearing up for the opening of my new pottery showroom area by sometime in April. I will be selling my work right from in back of my studio in a small but charming outdoor show area. My “K. Jeffers Pottery” sign is on the road, and pottery classes have been in full swing in the basement studio since last summer. I warmly invite any of you who are in the area to drop by to see my new work. It is at 6972 State Route 42 in Woodbourne, NY, just south of the border of Grahamsville.



I have to say it was quite a feat getting a grubby, disgusting old basement turned into a functioning studio, complete with fresh white paint on the walls, large work tables, a pretty barn red floor, and plenty of shelving for storing clay, glazes and work in progress. Well, the red floor isn’t quite as red as in the picture after nine months of use, but it’s still pretty darn clean for a pottery studio floor!



 I am excited about the new work I have been making since just after the Holidays. Some of it will be filling those showroom shelves and the rest I plan to display and sell at the various craft fairs and a museum show that we seven gallery members have signed up to participate in over the spring, summer, and fall. If you wish to know where to enjoy seeing all of our work together in one location, you can go to the Catskill Artists Gallery events page, which has just been updated for this season/year, by going to: www.catskillartistsgallery.com/Events.html.


And now, down to the basement to get some glazing done.
 
The "before" version--YUK!


The "after" version--MMMM!


2 comments:

  1. It's always wonderful to renovate a space or a house -- creating beauty as well as functionality. Buff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed so much taking a class at your studio, kathy. Even though I've known you for a very long time, and have always admired your work, I never actually ever thought I myself would enjoy so much taking a lesson. You are a grand teacher, very clear and focused, with a great technique. I am really looking forward to returning to glaze my two pieces and to take them home and display them with pride.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our blog. Please note, your comments will not be visible until they are approved. Also, if you do not have an account with one of the options listed in the "Comment As" pull down menu or a personal URL, you may enter just your name in the name/URL option or select the anonymous option at the very end of the list.