Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Winter Approaches



By Hank


As winter approaches, our busy show schedule is at an end.  The last show, at the Cooperage in Honesdale, was last Saturday.  Three of us were going, but with the heavy snow, I was the only one who managed to get there.  I was surprised to see a lot of customers. 



The next gallery shows will be some time in the spring.  It’s a good time over the winter to rebuild inventory and to experiment with new ideas or old ones never completed.



As for myself, I plan to rebuild inventory and to work on some new kinetic sculptures – a promise I made to myself a long time ago.  The idea of gathering new materials and new tools can seem overwhelming at times, but I keep remembering, a house is built a brick at a time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our blog. Please note, your comments will not be visible until they are approved. Also, if you do not have an account with one of the options listed in the "Comment As" pull down menu or a personal URL, you may enter just your name in the name/URL option or select the anonymous option at the very end of the list.