Thursday, December 12, 2013

Burst of Summer by Nada

This is the latest in my small works series.  I've mainly been working on winter scenes, but this little burst of summer emerged yesterday.  My work scenario:  I create backgrounds - gold leaf, night skies, day skies, or perhaps a painted variegated surface - within the 4 inch inner space of the frame.  Then I survey the studio with its myriad containers of glass bits, jewels, transparencies, glass and acrylic paints, micro beads, brass findings, etc.  I choose a theme for each background.  As I add the items or paint on the surface, they are covered with layers of resin  Soon, a scene emerges.

One more art and craft to go this year, then I will have completed 15 shows in three months, some with Catskill Artists Gallery folks and some on my own.  So that I won't get so exhausted next year, I plan to have a greater inventory of both artwork and pendants created in advance.  The old adage applies here.....

PLAN AHEAD
D

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our blog. Please note, your comments will not be visible until they are approved. Also, if you do not have an account with one of the options listed in the "Comment As" pull down menu or a personal URL, you may enter just your name in the name/URL option or select the anonymous option at the very end of the list.