Thursday, April 10, 2014

Getting Back to Work

by Cate Gundlah

After a long, cold winter, I have finally gotten back to my studio in Parksville, NY. Since loaning my house in NJ to my daughter, her husband and my 3 grandchildren, I have moved house to NYS. So, between packing up a house I've lived in for 25 years, doing construction at my home in NY and moving all of my glass, bead making and jewelry supplies from both homes to my unfinished studio, I am getting back to my (sigh) glass.
The first picture is of my lampwork (beads) area, the second is my jewelry and photography area (yes, there is a potters wheel there now!) and the third is my shelving with all my molds neatly stacked and waiting to be used for a project.




At our last gallery meeting we discussed the upcoming years' events. It's started out slow this year, but the calendar is filling up fast. The most exciting event is our gallery show at the Green Door in Liberty, NY in July. I have many ideas stored up in my mind, in drawings and on scraps of paper and post-its.
So, back to work! Well, between construction (sigh)…...

1 comment:

  1. Studio looks great, Cate. It will be so wonderful for you to have a nice view of the woods while you work!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our blog. Please note, your comments will not be visible until they are approved. Also, if you do not have an account with one of the options listed in the "Comment As" pull down menu or a personal URL, you may enter just your name in the name/URL option or select the anonymous option at the very end of the list.