Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I'm my Grandson's VIP!!! by Cate

When my Grandson, Carter, asked me to come to his class to be his VIP, I was flattered. Then I began to wonder what the heck to talk about to 20 first grader's....for 45 minutes. Yikes! Carter likes to make and wear jewelry, and he even made a few glass beads with me. So I figured we would all make a simple necklace with beads I made especially for them. I made about 30 sets of 6 beads in all different colors and had lengths of colored hemp cord ready to string. The kids loved looking at all the beads and picking their favorite color. First I showed them how to string the beads on the cord.
Then the teacher, 2 helpers and my step-daughter, Chrisana, went around the classroom helping the kids with me.
Here I am helping my Grandson, Carter.
After we were done with the necklaces, I gave each child a colorful glass magnet with their name on it. Carter says that the kids are still talking about what fun it was. Here we all are at the end of the session. It was a great experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our blog. Please note, your comments will not be visible until they are approved. Also, if you do not have an account with one of the options listed in the "Comment As" pull down menu or a personal URL, you may enter just your name in the name/URL option or select the anonymous option at the very end of the list.