Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Changes in the New Year...


A Message From Margaret...

The beginning of a new year is a good time for artists to refocus their direction and reaffirm their goals. For me the coming year will entail helping my son prepare to enter college in the fall, helping my daughter navigate the tumultuous early teens, settling into a new position as an Assistant Online Program Director with the Art Institute of Pittsburgh Online Division, as well the daily minutiae associated with my roles as a wife, mother, educator and artist. As such, I’ve had to take stock in the realities of how much one can truly accomplish on any given day and it is with regret that I have decided to leave the Catskill Artist Gallery. I will of course continue to post my Morning Meanderings and participate in select gallery shows (I have been invited to participate in the DVAA Be Mine Forever show scheduled for the end of this month), but in fairness to my associates in the CAG I cannot commit the time and effort a group like ours both warrants and deserves.

I’d like to express my gratitude to Buff, Kathy, Hank, Nada, Cate, Tom and Robert for their support and encouragement over the years. I enjoyed playing an active role in our transition from a bricks and mortar location to a gallery without walls. While I am stepping away from my official relationship with CAG, I have no intention of losing the connection I have with these fine artists. I wish them much success in the coming year.

12.13.12 Passages • © Margaret Helthaler

2 comments:

  1. We will miss you, Margaret. Buff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Margaret.
    We are all very sad to see you go, but we all wish you the very best with all you are endeavoring to accomplish in your life.
    Kathy Jeffers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our blog. Please note, your comments will not be visible until they are approved. Also, if you do not have an account with one of the options listed in the "Comment As" pull down menu or a personal URL, you may enter just your name in the name/URL option or select the anonymous option at the very end of the list.