Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Where the magic begins?

Message from Cate:

I know it looks like a big mess, but I like to call it organized chaos. My tools are always in the same place, so I know where to find them.
The glass, well, mostly I set that up before I start a bead or run of beads.
Sometimes though, I'm working on a bead in the flame and inspiration strikes. Then I have to turn around to my stringer (thin hair-like strings of glass) and crushed glass stash behind me (of course).
I root around til I find what I want, all the while keeping the bead hot in the flame. "Why don't you keep things more at hand?", you ask. Well, that would be because the space I have to work in is 5' X 7'.
Eventually everything will be set up in my studio in Parksville, NY. And that, my friends, is a whole other set of posts..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our blog. Please note, your comments will not be visible until they are approved. Also, if you do not have an account with one of the options listed in the "Comment As" pull down menu or a personal URL, you may enter just your name in the name/URL option or select the anonymous option at the very end of the list.